Wednesday 24 March 2010

Wednesday 24th March 2010

After a week of thinking more intensely about my project choice, coming up with so many diverse ideas all in different areas. I decided I need to take a more realistic approach and talk to ChickenShed my work placement, to find out what I will be involved in next term, so I can link my project to my work involvement. With my timetable availability being limited due to other work commitments and with working around my daughters school schedule. I had little input in what I can get involved with due to my availability. Excluding some of my original ideas, which realistically for my timescale would have been unrealistic any way. I will be involved in teaching a BETEC dance session, with most of the students aged sixteen and straight from school. My other connection, being part of a creative team for an after school children theatre session for children aged five to seven.

As a result from talking to my advisors and being informed of my association next term with ChickenShed, this has helped me in narrowing down my topic ideas for my project. By talking to my tutor at our campus session and my work base advisers. I have realised the importance of taking advice from my mentors as they will be the ones supporting me and advising me throughout my project. I have a massive opportunity being able to work with two very different groups and I am conscious I need the take care in choosing a project linked to my work involvement.

Things to do:

* create a list of project ideas linked to my work placement

* make list of questions to ask myself about what I want to gain from my project

* continue adding to my glossary and building my knowledge

* initial researching for project ideas

1 comment:

  1. Lauren - last couple of Blogs are strong on the thinking , pros and cons, and talking to staff about your schedule was important in your circumstance. Real project examine feasibility of resources - your time and Chickenshed's operations. If you did not consider them, your planning might be off. Try to combine the present with the future when you think about what is to be gained. It makes sense in your position to do something that would benefit your organisation but you also could think about the skills that you are using now that would be relevant to your next career move. Can the teaching of dance and the after school sessions with children relate to that in any way? Also the quality of what you do - at the Chickenshed the quality of the provision is an important idea - how is the quality of performance provision thought about in other areas of entertainment/drama/theatre?

    Also - when possible - come to the web time you have with a list of ideas to Google - not only is it useful just to think of ideas and see if they are 'out there' but it is actually engaging - so when you are thinking about your project you can visualise the possibilities. Let me know if I can help with that.

    Paula
    Paula

    ReplyDelete