Wednesday 21 October 2009

links of intrest and resources

Links of interest and resources


Google

Google is a expense free, world wide, safe reliable search engine, with a wide range of resources. For instance images, maps, e-mail, news, videos plus lots more. I use Google on a daily basis to accomplish daily tasks from research to internet banking. I’m a user of Google because its simple to use and Google always succeeds in producing what I’m searching for quickly and safely.





Mobile phone

My mobile phone has to be the most used and useful tool to myself out of all my resources. My phone allows me to access the internet and alerts me when I receive an email. As I am a mother, student and work a job I’m always on the go and its important for me to be on top of things and with my mobile I can do exactly that. My phone stores all my important contacts and their address. I can also listen to music on my phone, and when driving it connects to my car witch reads out any messages that may be sent to me whilst driving as well as receiving calls through the transmission.



Wikipedia

Wikipedia is a expense free encyclopaedia accessible via the internet. I frequently use this site when researching people or places, as it gives me factual information on who or what I am researching. Not only is this site giving you accurate information, its also being updated with new information on the subject matter all the time so you know your receiving the most current information on what ever subject you are researching. I use Wikipedia so frequent because its easy to access, its free, and it gives a clear easy to use web site.





TalkSPORT

TalkSPORT is a radio station that I am a frequent listener to. Not only does talkSport keep me up dated with commercial sports, talkSPORT puts forward daily, different subject matters on witch listeners can phone in and debate on. I like listening to talkSport as I find listening to other peoples views and opinions helps broaden my mind and my own way of thinking. TalkSPORT also has a website that is a good means for catching up on weekly news and for accessing media for sport related issues.





Library

I feel you cant go wrong with reading a book for information therefore the library is an important place for me to access information. Library’s offer a wide range of sources from books to audio tapes. They also offer different resources, such as access to the internet and most library’s have free services or information on local services. Joining a library is free and every borough has at least one library. Te library has weekly meetings for advents or developments in the local area as well as book reading session for young children. I use the local library for a reserving and other things such as photocopying and events. Its mainly expense free and is a great asset to the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment